18.9.11

Glass Half...

...full or empty is your perception.


People tend to push themselves to say 'full' because they want to show others how optimistic they are...show a healthy image. These people say things like: "You need to look on things positively and appreciate everything you have because there are people who don't even have half of what you have. Think of those kids who are starving in the 3rd world or those men who got dismembered during a war or the ones who don't have a shelter, etc."

Well~ Seriously! I consider myself in the middle class, which means there are equally a lot of people who are wealthier and better looking than myself. Why can I not feel inferior if it is the truth? Is it wrong to accept the reality as it is? Or it is better to deny the truth and lie upon yourself and say things are always going to work out?

My very own conclusion: Whether the glass is half full or half empty, the situation remains the same unless you are able to add more water to your glass.

FYI: If I say 'half empty,' doesn't mean I'm negative, but only because half is not enough and I expect more.

No comments:

Post a Comment