11.8.11

Bummed By The Mail

As some of you may already know. I once again got hacked by some computer savvy asshole who has no better things to do than use my account to send out spams. For those who are interested, here's the story (I'll make it short by writing in point form):

- Hotmail declined all access to my email account for some spam investigation.
- Had to answer a short questionnaire from Windows Live proving that I am ME.
- According to the message, it may take up to 24 hours for the whole analysis to be done.
- Whenever possible I keep checking the progress.
- 24h...48h...72h...100h...5days...still nothing. (Hotmail hires snail-working-speed people)
- Lost hope, so opened a Gmail account out of desperation.
- Took 4-5h to change my email address in all subscribed websites.
- Hotmail finally gave back my account on the 6th day. TSK.
- Thought about juggling 2 email accounts.
- Final decision is to import everything to Gmail (which is smarter) and use Hotmail as a joint account with HSK for our upcoming blog (need to find an attractive name for it).

Whoa! Nearly a week of insomnia to settle all this mess...at last, I can put my head to rest. I strongly hope this is the last time something of this kind happens to me. Anyway, how can the same shits happen to the same person...twice?

Valuable lesson: wallet, cellular phone and email account are 3 things not to lost.

Note: I'm now suffering of a severe headache and eyes burn. *brain shuts off*

1 comment:

  1. Yes and I was up all night with you on the phone giving you technical/moral support, lol!

    ReplyDelete