24.2.11

Call Center Agents

...are ALL rude and sort of incompetent. (me being an exception if the person on the other end of the line's nice, because I am capable of being unpleasant with people blaspheming in my ears)

This morning, I had to call RBC for my VISA statement balance. An amount of 10.24$ was charged on my card for an InfoProtect program, which was suppose to be a one month free trial that I have to cancel upon receiving the package by mail if I'm not interested or don't need it. The problem here is that I never received that package, so I nicely called their service number to set things straight (to cancel the bundle and remove the charge). First thing first, I didn't get a word coming out of the representent's mouth (with a heavy arabic accent), had to have him repeat 2-3 times each time he speaks. Then, he agreed to remove the amount due, but still insisted on sending me the package. Therefore, I asked if it means that I'll have to call again to make the cancellation or is it done. His answer was to call back. At that time, I didn't (and still don't) understand why he can't just delete the package from my account while we were on the phone. 5 minutes of arguments and non-sense lead me to my nerves...I said to him that his job is customer service, which means satisfy the client's need, which is to do what I tell him to. To finish, I asked for his name so I can have some proof if anything goes wrong. He was so afraid that he just did whatever I asked. The only thing I'm worrying about, is whether he'll do something bad/illegal in my account. *GASP* Will he take all my money???

This same morning, I also called Fido hoping to get their promotion while keeping the benefits of my current plan (night and weekend starting at 1800 instead of 1900). Guess what. Another typical call center agent. There's "absolutely nothing" she can do to keep a ~10 years faithful client. Maybe I'll be better off going with Bell since all my services at home are with them. Seriously thinking about it. It is really a shame that people don't care much about client fidelity anymore.

How can those people get a job, to start with. And how can they make a better living than I do? Did they actually go through an interview? Unbelievable!!! The world was way better when we don't have all that crap. People were just friendly with people. Maybe I'm still living in my imaginary Utopia.

1 comment:

  1. I tell you, the more incompetent you are, the better jobs you have. Truly. We should all dumb down, and I bet we'll be able to get better jobs XD

    ReplyDelete