28.2.11

83rd Academy Awards

The 83rd Academy Awards' more like a show than an award night. Anyway, Anne Hathaway gave in a good show (and I love all of her dresses), but James Franco was just disappointing (he looked distracted and uncomfortable...keeps looking away from the camera and Anne), he's a horrible presenter/not comparable to Hugh Jackman. *heart Hugh*

This white Givenchy Haute Couture crystal embroided gown's my favorite of all her 8 dresses.

Nicole Kidman had the best gown (Christian Dior) and hair style. One word: gorgeous.
  
Helen Mirren portrayed well her British pride. I'd love to look as good as her when I hit my 65.

Helena Bonham is just weird as usual, not to mention her ugly dress. She kept making faces when she was shown on the screen as a nominee.

Celine Dion's definitely back. Her singing's very very good, not like Gwyneth Paltrow (she sounded like in a karaoke).

 
I don't like Reese Witherspoon and Halle Berry, so I hate to admit this, I also liked their dresses. (respectively in Armani Prive and Marchesa)

Sandra Bullock's red Vera Wang gown was simply stunning. Good to see her back looking healthy. Her little speech to present the nominees for best actor in a leading role was funny...it relieved the stressful atmosphere in the Kodak theater.

For supporting actress, I was rooting for Amy Adams, but I guess things don't always turn out the way we want. The award went to Melissa Leo, who literally dropped the F bomb on stage. This same category's presenter, Kirk Douglas, is so adorable.

Music (original song) went toy story 3, but I way prefered Tangled.

Colleen Atwood won her 3rd award for costume design (Alice in Wonderland), but didn't look happy at all. What's wrong with her? If I were her, I'd just jump to the ceiling...it's a sign that people agree and approve your work.

Natalie Portman was a clear choice for actress in a leading role. I love Nicole too, but Natalie's performance in the Black Swan is remarkable.

It was frustrating to see Social Netwrok win that much awards. Does it really deserve that much? Black Swan and Inception are better choices, according to me.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe Kirk is still alive XD

    Ouin, Franco was high on something, gawd.

    ReplyDelete