22.3.11

Terra Cotta Exhibition

During my trip to China, I didn't have enough time to visit Xian...that's why I was so excited about the Terra Cotta exposition at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. BUT, *with all due respect* the whole experience was a disappointment. Thus, HSK and I agreed that the curator should definitely get fired, if not already done.

(I went last Friday, just forgot to write a feedback *shame on me*)

You may think that I'm rough and mean, but give me a chance to justify (it won't take much of your time):
- Lots of informations were missing (care for details = 0).
- Found mistakes in several places.
- Use of soft vocabularies for harsh events??? Not very appropriate.
- Use of wrong words (WTH! king? duke?...)
- Should put descriptions in chinese...I got confused with the names.
- Information cards were placed in corners, which is hard to access if there're lots of people...not convenient.
- Seeing Zang Ziyi's face (the movie Hero) was really not that necessary...at least I get to see Tony Leung as well
- Bringing only 10 Terra Cotta soldiers' not sufficient to cover the floor, so they decided to also display things from the Han period. So out of subject. Oh! And I find that there were excessively too much "wine" jars.

Conclusion: I'm not praising myself, but I'm sure to have done a better job if I were hired for this project.

1 comment: