28.9.10

Free Labour

One of the most tiredsome days of my life…would be…yesterday.
Started my daily part-time job at 0800 and ended 1300 (I told my aunt that I was finishing at 1700, so…shhhh!!!). Around 1800, I got myself to the restaurant (my mother had to go to her massage session) to work as a free slave for the night.
The moment I get there:
  • Only 2 people were there eating
  • My cousin’s girlfriend (Sally) was there helping a little (without the "uniform" on)
  • I say "Hi" to everyone
  • My aunt immediately throws a killing look towards me…saying that I’m *quote* late
  • Asks me to put on my uniform (which is an expensive black shirt from MY wardrobe)
  • Saying that I look like a real waitress (not really a compliment to my taste…more an insult)
  • AGAIN, still talking about the menu (that I should re-do it as soon as possibe)
  • Wants me to bring the bill to the client…who didn’t serve at all…how awkward is that??? 
Later on:
  • I was serving a couple and both, my uncle and aunt, came out of nowhere to interrupt (really. People working in the kitchen should not come out of the kitchen to the dinning area)
  • Closing (accouting stuffs) is hard when you don’t have instruction on how and what to do…and have someone behind you…constantly staring and asking you if you understand how to do it.
I’m starting to think that I’m developping something called…Caravellephobia.

No comments:

Post a Comment