4.9.11

Prepare To LOL (Part I)

"Prepare To LOL" is a serie of compilation of non-sense people I encounter/hear at work. At my previous job, I thought all idiots went into the realestate business, but they actually are everywhere...places where sunlight could or couldn't touch (no difference, not like in Lion King).

Note: If you have done something similar to those people, please don't feel targeted, it's only pure coincidence. Don't be too serious...read them as if they are short stories written for kidz of a certain age.

- There are parents who must not love their children and want them to be humiliated for the rest of their life. Seriously, who would name their newborn Star or Noel with their birthdate on December 25th? I am so thankful my mother is not that cruel.

- A woman was crying on the phone, demonstrated that she's in a lot of pain, told me she couldn't stop the bleeding and begged me to help her. A normal person would think it's something very serious which needs immediate care. At that time, I wondered why she didn't call an ambulance, but call her insurance company. My reflex was to refer her to the closest hospital instead of asking a bunch of questions and let her bleed to death. Pfff!!! The truth is...she was in her period, put a tampon in and couldn't remove it.

- A girl is living in the States to study. One night, she grabbed a cab to get back to her apartment, but the moment she was heading to the front door, she suspected that the taxi driver's following her. What will you do in a situation like this one? That lady couldn't find her keys in her bag and decided to use her hand to break the front door's window hoping to do enough noise to wake her neighbors. Yes. With her bare hand. At the end, she ran to the other side of the street and got help from people who were sitting in their porch. Jeeez!!! Why didn't you do that in the 1st place?

- An old man and his friend had no other activities more interesting than going to a cemetary. Don't ask me what they planned on doing there, I didn't want to know. The only thing I found out and am able to tell you is how the accident happened. Upon their arrival, they found a spot and parked the car in the assigned area. Once it's all set, they got out respectively on their side of the car. The moment they stepped out of the car, it started to fell back. One of the old men got hit severely on his left leg and the olther one got dragged by the car. Both of them are now in the hospital. Isn't it creepy?

 - A nurse called us to verify coverage and benefits on a patient...nothing unusual. I took a look in the file and informed her that we're still waiting for the member's insurance company to validate the information. The nurse's automatic reply was: "okay, I'm going to cancel his appointment then." Euh...why would you cancel his appointment? If he has one, it's because he needs it, no? That stubborn-heartless nurse wouldn't make any exceptions. I had to tell her that in the worst case scenario, the patient can pay for the visit and get reimbursed, but she has the duty to treat her patients. I really don't understand how she could be a nurse and "take care" of people.

- A woman with a heavy chinese accent called to report her husband being hospitalized in China. I asked her basic questions, like how did he got injured, what is the diagnosis, and in which hospital is he. She disn't know anything about her husband's situation. I mean, when you pick up the phone and call your insurance company, what do expect we ask? Why can't you prepare yourself before calling instead of wasting your time and my time? Finally, she told me her husband is suffering of something beside the liver. WOW! There are lots of organs around the liver, can you be more specific? After a moment, she told me she knows what it is in chinese (mandarin), but not in english. The word is 膽囊. 0_0 Huh! Is it the pancreas? Well, I had to google it to know that 膽囊=gall bladder. At least I got the diagnosis even if I didn't get the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment