28.9.10

8.31 Incident

The month of August ended in disaster/catastrophee…not the way I would wanted.

Long story short: I had some tensions with a close friend of mine because of some ridiculous incidents and people.

Long story long: If we trace back the origin of the problem…it all started with the Visa.

To be able to get into China, we have to get a Visa (I hope you know that) and thus my kind aunt went all the way to Ottawa in order to save everybody some $$$. The glitch here is that she won’t be able to go to Ottawa herself to pick them up. What was her solution? Give the receipt to a friend, also a high school friend of mine (who happens to work in that deserted city), so this person can bring them back to Montreal when she’ll be back (on Friday night) for the weekend. Do not think that this plan is working in splendor. The little complication is the fact that my friend wants to go to Vermont with her Honey Bear (leaving Friday afternoon), which requires a passport (I hope you know that too)
to get through the US boundary.

This wouldn’t be such a big deal if my aunt’s friend/my high school friend have nothing better to do than go to the Embassy, pick up our passports and post them back. But…life isn’t always going as well as we wish it will. Worst case scenario…my close friend will have to go to Ottawa and pick them up.

Looking from another angle, it is completely understandable if that Ottawa friend refuses to do it, because it means that she has to spend her lunch/personal time to do us a favor. I was surprised that she ended up accepting the demand. Muuucho gracias!!!

My close friend and I had an argument on that, because she was so frustrated that she said not wanting to go to our trip anymore. At first, I was on my nerves too, because I did everything I could, trying to make things work…and all I get in return was dissatisfaction. After a moment for meself to calm down and think over the situation (put myself in my friend’s position), I can understand why and how important this is to her. I kindly apologized for being a little rude over the phone…and things are back to their initial state. *strongly hope*

Ha! That’s not all. Don’t you dare think that it is over. There’s a part 2 to my miserable journey.

We have to also book flight tickets (for a small group of 6 people) to go from Shanghai to Hong Kong. The website was malfunctionning:
  • It keeps saying "your session has expired" at every 2 minutes
  • It indicates Sold Out after me booking for 3 tickets -_-’ What am I suppose to do? Have the others take the following flight? Nonsense.
  • Called the help line (stayed on the phone for ~50minutes) and had a hard time understanding his accent (at least he’s kind)
  • Finally found out that there are places left…just not shown on the site. WTH!!!
  • That representant tried to put the total on MY Credit Card *exhales* Do I look like I have enough $$$ to pay for 6 tickets???
  • Received an email with only our names…no total and no detail
  • Sent an email back to ask for a proper receipt and when we’ll be receiving our etickets…still waiting for an answer
Did I tell you how much I *with a dictator’s voice* HATE waiting and knowing that someone’s mad at me??? Well...

1 comment: